Sunday, June 7, 2009

Le Destin.

So, yesterday at the Medieval festival in town, I paid five dollars for a palm reading.
It was very positive in general, and really fed my ego, hee hee.

Everyday when I check my e-mail inbox, I get a horoscope. And it's generally pretty positive, or there is at least one positive aspect to it.

Now, I'm not any new-agey person, but I do enjoy dabbling with the ideas of destiny and predetermination and all that jazz.

I always take it with a grain of salt of course, and reflect on what is said to me, kind of like a meditation of the day (something that my mother, a very religious Catholic, does everyday with her own meditation book. See? It's not all that bad to have something to reflect upon every day, regardless of where it comes from.)

Anyways.

So, I have determined something from this, it makes me a little optimistic, I guess.
In general, I have noticed a lot of people pissed off at the world, what is happening, and being all depressed about it. Now I am not saying that the wrong turns and pitfalls of our planet and people also don't upset me, I just don't get so darned worked up about it when I'm not going to do anything about it except complain and get depressed. That's just annoying (yes, you people, it is annoying, and I would like you to please shut up until you get off that obese ass of yours and do something about the planet. Then cry how nothing is going well).

Yeah.

But, back to my point. What I have determined from this is that, upon examination that snowballed from these reflective horoscopes, etc., is that my life is not so depressing, hard or extraordinarily painful as I once thought it was.
Yes, lots of shit happened in it that shouldn't have and that was unfair, yes, there were tough moments that surely some people wouldn't have been able to handle, and yes, obviously my parents don't understand me and I became overly rebellious about it.
But whatever.

I have a job, I have a house I live in with people that I am neither terrified of or despise, I have family that I enjoy seeing on occasion and don't hate, and I have the best friends in the world, no joke. (I love them all so much <3.) I also happen to have a quasi-plan of what I want to do with my life, and I have the initiative to make it work. I also have nice skin, which really doesn't have anything to do with this, but it actually helps take away the stress of cleaning my face every day with a billion different things and getting depressed when it doesn't work. LOL.

I have grown up a lot, I suppose is what I am saying. I've stopped trying to blame all my problems on my past. Of course, I know aspects of my personality are shaped by my past, simply because of the whole nature vs. nurture debate, and I strongly believe in both shaping individuals to be who they are. But I have my own free will, I am very strong-willed, and I know that only I will be the cause of my own demise.

So World, you're safe from my middle finger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment