Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Anti-Sound Of Music

One of my favourite things to do is join up for things. That is, sign up on as many internet things as I possibly can. I promptly forget that I joined them about a week later, and constantly delete the notifications I get in one of my two, no wait, make that three, e-mail inboxes.

I used to really wonder why I did this. One of the reasons was because, obviously, I would gain something, be it being able to read books/manga online, order rare items online (with the credit card I most certainly did not have at the time), or just simply annoy other people with yet another social networking tool that really kinda sucks....(I almost got pulled into Twitter the other week, and then miraculously realized that no one I knew would actually care to join either)

Finally I decided the main reason I join up for these things is my own narcissism. I love to take pictures of myself and talk about myself (proof of this is this blog right now...)

These things allow me to add as many pictures of myself as I want, conveniently disguising my obsession with myself as just one more step for the millions of creepers out there to "get to know me better". HA HA.

Don't worry, there is a deeper meaning to this blog, just hold your breath a second.

ready?

go.

ok, so here's the thing.
I KNOW that I am not the ONLY person who loves to take pictures of myself, and talk incessantly about myself, I think it is hardwired into every one of us in SOME form...
however, my point is this.
I see that there are literally millions of people on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Blogger, Photobucket and the like. We all love to love ourselves to pieces online, and prove it with our posed photos, or the random photos we love because we hope that it will show off some side of ourselves that is attractive to someone else (if you are denying this, think really hard).

What pisses me off then, is when these same people (majority girls, to be quite honest, I am usually guilty of it too, and dislike this quality of myself) who cyberworship themselves and their images, then complain in real life.

too fat.
too skinny.
too tall.
too short.
bad teeth.
bad brows.
thin lips.
bad hair.
no muscle.
too butch.
high voice.
low voice.

The list goes on and on and on and on. Kinda like a dog chasing it's tail. And the complaints they make? They are just about as effective.

People! Just SHUT UP.

Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment