Thursday, March 26, 2009

Males: Regarding Rihanna and Boys in the Car

As I sit here listening to my faithful 8GB Nano and currently the sounds of MGMT, I reflect up upon a question posed to me about two weeks back by a couple of my guy friends.

Reading an US Weekly regarding the latest Rihanna/Chris news, it was interesting to hear the boys scoff over the bruised star's eensy-weensy white bikini (btw, Colton, I still want my magazines back from your van).

An interesting, and I think relevant question was posed to the effect of: "If girls aren't afraid to prance around in miniscule swimwear, why are they so against going around in bra and underwear? After all, guys walk around in their boxers, don't they?"

Now, I'm going to take away the creep factor here; although it seems suggestive, they weren't looking to see hot girls in their negligée, in fact, I think they were a little frustrated.

Let's examine first in a superficial context. Girls are way more over-conscious of their bodies than guys are, it seems, so it's not really surprising we try to hide our bodies--we don't want to be like the old ladies who change right in the open at the local pool; their dimpled ass cheeks and horrifically inescapable wrinkled breasts don't have much to lose anymore, it seems.

Delving into girls' body image insecurity is a huge task, so we'll leave it at this: girls who are secure with their bodies will have no qualms going almost commando sometimes, I've seen it before, time and time again.
Those who are insecure or embarrassed won't.

(BTW, next time at the beach, check the confidence levels of those wearing bikinis and those hiding up their skin. You should be able to notice the difference.)

I will now use this incredibly long intro to seque to something else; let you boys in on my own personal observations (and coming from a family of nine, being one of the youngest and also nannying a family just as large, I am good at observing).

"Girls are Complicated"

or so you've been drilled over and over again. Maybe even by your own mother. ick.

What a DUMB LINE.

That is simply a stupid excuse to cover up the fact most of us are too lazy to fully explain ourselves and make life much nicer for all of us. We seem to have some sadistic complex....

Complicated, hah, only as complicated as we make ourselves.

I'm about as complicated as a can opener.
Food, Love, Sleep, Play, Friends, Happiness, Belief and Family is all I want/need (the order changes all the time).
The only thing "complicated" about me is trying to figure out why I'm so weird, and how I've managed to survive the shit in my life without being an addict, alcoholic, friendless, or dead.

Sure, there's the occasional time when I'm a little cryptic, but usually I'm just testing your ability to use your brain; I like smart people =^^=

I can nearly guarentee you that every "Complicated" person I've met was a drama queen.

Situations are complicated, not people, we behave as we've adapted. And situations can be explained to a willing ear. If we can master languages, maths, arts, sciences...how can we not understand a situation?

(If you honestly care about the person as much as you want them to care about you, don't give them "I'm a girl = Complicated" shit. It's low, dirty, mean and indicative of a person who ignorantly thinks they are better than the person they are talking to.)

Boys. If she says she's Complicated, please don't get too angry, she's just not emotionally ready/capable to be open with you. Sorry. D':

Girlies. PLEASE give them a break, they are not all heinous, and deserve better than just stupid feministic rooted PMS crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment