Sunday, May 3, 2009

ooooo-wOOOOO-oooooo (it's supposed to sound like a ghost)

so...the other day I realized God has this sense of humour I don't appreciate :(
I went to get the mail, and as I open the door, there are two women on the porch.
FML. *sigh* They hadn't even knocked yet.
So, I knew they were Jehova's Witnesses.
Not that I have anything against JW's, it's just that, I have seen them come to my parent's door so many times, and I really don't want to change my faith...I just didn't want to deal.
*sigh*
of course, my upbringing didn't allow me to be impolite. They were two nice looking young women, and they really didn't deserve a bad attitude for simply doing what they believed in. so I shook both their hands.

It really wasn't that bad. we talked for a couple minutes about their beliefs vs. my beliefs. they gave me a pamphlet. they weren't pushy, like I have seen before. And I have to admit, the woman I was talking to had a really good combination of eyeshadows on; I wanted to rush to the store right then and there so I could buy the colours to copy her look. LOL.

anywhoo....I told them I'd look over the pamphlet and they asked if they could stop in again to talk about (luckily, Mona had been wheeling by on her bike, so the ladies knew I was busy :D) it. I said sure...but that I might not be in if they called again, I have lots on my agenda (they knew I'm the nanny cuz i told 'em)

and then they left :)
it wasn't really so bad. true. and it could've been worse (still, no offense to the JW"S of the world). it could've been two old men. that would have made me very uncomfortable (old men in general talking to me when I'm alone just makes me uncomfortable...).

but. yeah. that's the scoop. I haven't read the pamphlet yet. maybe someone will accidentally throw it out...or maybe if they come again I will be in the shower or at the movies (fingers crossed).

lol, i realize this sounds really hateful towards Jehova's Witnesses. It's not supposed to be! I am sure that other religions sometimes push your buttons, just like some push mine. I respect your beleifs, however, I do not hold your same value system. and, in reality, I don't judge a person on their religion, but on their values as a person and how they behave. so I don't care what your religion is, as long as it's not demoralizing, human sacrifical or demands you take down other religions. OK?

2 comments:

  1. oh man dee, i would not have reacted the way you did. i always just label the JWs that come to my door as annoying. oops...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, sometimes i try to be tolerant ;P

    ReplyDelete