Saturday, April 4, 2009

twilight. shudder.

So, I'd pretty much avoided (I guess I really have avoided it) watching the film Twilight for a really long time, and I finally watched it at 3:30 Am this morning.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
is what i basically was thinging the whole time.

OMG, it sucked SOOOO BAD! this is coming from someone who read the already poorly written twilight books series, but the movie was just a gazillion times worse! the acting: horrible (except for carlisle, charlie and esmé. Bella didn't even have enough lines to tell)
basically, I felt like i was watching a soap opera trailer for nearly two hours (btw, I didn't even finish it, and it's RARE I don't finish a movie)

here's the deal, for a movie like that, you need to make it 2 1/2 hours+ to make it any good. with the way they developed belward's relationship, it made me feel as if at any moment he was gonna turn into a controlling bf who wouldn't allow her to talk to her friends anymore and would hurt her if she didn't wear his favourite sweater to school anymore
(btw, Who the fuck did Edward's wardrobe? they should be SHOT IN THE NECK he looked fucking idiotic)

The makeup was bad. they looked like they were pumped full of formaldehyde to keep 'em going, and Edwards peekaboo scruff underneath all the clown makeup was revolting and a total turn off (as IF he needed to shave when the rest of his body is stuck at that age. as IF he grows facial hair anymore in the first place)

THEY SKIPPED SO MANY MAJOR PARTS OF THE BOOK IT DIDN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.
my poor older sister who had never read the book was always confused, and it didn't help that my twilight versed little sister and I were making fun of and commenting the whole way through.
the meadow scene was a fucking disaster. not only was it totally downplayed, the glowing skin looked more like sparkling full-body acne. EEEUUUWWWW.

on the flip side, I like Kristen Stewart, and I think she did well with wat she had, and I think she would have been even better had they given Bella's character any substance at all. (ha ha, the fact that I heard she is a major pot-head makes me like her just so much more)

i totally don't recommend seeing this movie to anyone. of course, i will endure it again at some point later before New Moon comes out; hopefully under the direction of a new director and with Jacob getting a hair cut it will be fathoms better. but anyways, i will finish it sometime, just to make the flow of the two movies better. which of course, means i am totally crazy.

3 comments:

  1. oh man! yes! total failure of a movie! it was awful! you said it all, d!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but aweful in a way you can mock and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes. if ever we can waste 1 and 3/4 hours of our lives, we should watch and mock and laugh at this movie. maybe even put on director's commentary because they were probably laughing too I bet.

    ReplyDelete