Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In your afterglooooooowwwww....

Sometimes I like listening to mellow music. Tonight is one of those nights. Kind of makes me happy in some inexplicable way.

I helped a friend out today, it was kind of an odd request, it was kind of an awkward experience, but I got a free ride to the grocery store out of it, which was a bonus.

Speaking of the grocery store. I have this sudden want to decorate a cake, but I don't want to put the effort into making the cake. Such is life.

My room is finally respectably clean after weeks of unbearable mess; as well, the kitchen is clean. It's quite amazing how when things are clean, I feel fathoms better. Honestly. Maybe it's my Virgoan hypochondriac supposed traits coming out or something, but I won't argue. I should keep things clean anyways.

I don't know how many other girls found male cartoon characters attractive, but I did; still kinda do. I always had a huge thing for Aladdin, and also the Beast (especially when he turned human into Prince Adam).
What I've realized is that I find Shaggy from Scooby-Doo incredibly sexy (I also find Matthew Lillard who played the live version of him rather attractive too). I would totally have fun with Shaggy, especially because he'd probably be high at the time ;)

Something made me rather sad. When explaining to one of the girls in the house how absolutely awesome Jane Austen was, and how the book Pride and Prejudice was just as great, she informed me that her English teacher, who was my favourite English teacher when I was in high school, said that Jane Austen books were stupid and boring and not to read them. It made me extremely sad and pissed off at the same time.
I almost dropped him as my favourite teacher right then and there, just for that. Although I took into consideration that the kid who was telling me may have been exaggerating, or that the teacher had a good explanation for his view (although, I think it would have been pretty weak, I mean, she was a kick-ass chickie for her time period). Also the fact that he is a guy could have something to do with it.

Not that Jane Austen was a feminist or whatever. She wasn't the Margaret Atwood of the 18th century...I probably wouldn't enjoy her if she was. She was just awesome, and gave women 3 dimensional characters, you know? And coming from a family of mostly girls, reading books where women have substance and are good characters and smart isn't necessarily empowering, it's great, and I can relate to it, over 200 years later. It's more real to life what Austen wrote, instead of whatever the sorely misinformed men would have done with a female charcter.

I could go on forever, but I won't. Y'all should just look up bios of Jane, read synopsies of her books, understand sex roles of that time period, and read the books.

(oh, and when done the books, read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment