Thursday, July 9, 2009

Like an old skittles commercial

Ever since I started working for this family, I have found more money doing the laundry every day than I think waitresses get in tips everyday (I know this because I used to waitress, I would get some generous tips every so often).
Now, it's common rule that if you find money on the ground while doing laundry (especially when you do everyone's laudry, and since it's on the floor you quite honestly can't tell whose it is) that basically, finder's keeper's.
To be fair, I usually leave it down there for about a week, and if no one takes it, it's mine :D

So today I found a five dollar bill after not really finding anything there for a while (although, I did find a twenty in a purse the other day; I treated some of the kids with it.), and as I picked it up, I realized it was really worn out.

There is nothing more depressing than finding only a five after weeks of nothing, and to then have it rip between your fingers as you pick it up because your toe was lightly landed on the crumpled corner of the bill

:'(

So what do I do?
TAPE!!!
After surreptitiously sneaking past the two playing with Pokemon cards (which is kind of sad...considering one of the two is 16 and 1/2), I grabbed my trusty tape from my desk.

I did a pretty good job considering the sorry state that the bill was in before it was torn. And I know I should be able to use it without issue; thinking back to all the uber-sketchy bills I used to accept when I was a senior cashier at Staples...it should be fine :)
Of course, the half-inch that was torn off is taped almost a millimeter higher than the rest of the bill...but you can barely tell :)
(I'm sure Laurier won't mind the slight disfiguration of his face either)
(well, mostly just his ear)
(still)

I feel pro :)
and considering I get a little back after paying off my credit card (ack!), I think today is going to be a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment