Monday, July 13, 2009

My heart will go on and on...

Well, I had what I like to call a ''Potpourri'' weekend :D

I dragged some friends along with me to my parent's house, which is about forty minutes from where we live. Problem is, my "fake-mom" for where I live now isn't always the best with directions...she offered to drive us home, and because of these directional disinclinations and other factors, a normal 40 minute ride took us from 7 PM to 11:3oPM....

I was kind of frustrated and felt supremely embarrassed. I didn't want to sign my friends up for that, I always feel horrible when I feel that I am inconveniencing someone.

My friends seemed to have an okay time at my house though. My one friend even said that my Dad was my favourite dad he'd ever met. That made me feel really nice inside.
Although, he said my mom was kinda scary. I found that kind of funny, but reassured him that she didn't hate him. Pauvre kid. I don't know what exactly my other friend thought of my parents, but I imagine (hope) it wasn't a bad impression.

When I got back to the house on Sunday (after making them go to church with me that day, something I felt really bad for, although they didn't seem to mind, and even had perhaps a good time, even the one who has neglected church for God knows how long) I took a long nap, and no one bugged me. Considering I live in a house of 12 people, that was somewhat surprising to me. Although, later that night, I did begin to get a head ache from the birthday party that was going on.

I also helped the kids have a bonfire whilst the parents and older kids were engaged elsewhere. We invited my one friend over, and by the time he got there, the youngest four were heading to bed. It was only me and an eleven and twelve year old.
Something strange though, the friend that we invited over is incredibly difficult to piss off, and he totally flipped out (in a calm way) on the one kid (not that she didn't deserve it, she was being bitchy).
We were all supremely confuzzled.
The one receiving the reprimand could do nothing but stare, her sister was holding back muted laughter and confusion.
Eventually I had to touch him on the shoulder and just look at him, like, "WTF?" and it made him stop. Poor guy, I must have looked so pleading. (he apologized later)

Speaking of pleading.
Him and I discovered that I do, in fact, have a tone of voice I subconsciously reserve for boys when I want something, although we also determined that I haven't used it on him before.
Now that I am aware of this, (and that apparently it sounds really cute and could, according to him, actually get me what I want) I am turning around the thought in my mind of wielding this weapon (perhaps on him, muah-ha-ha).

Oh, back to last night.
After we put the fire out (most fun ever, throwing a ton of water on a fire) we were just standing talking, and this cat walks up the lane, mewing and walking towards us.
My heart instantly melted.
I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but the family I live with, half of them are allergic and the other half dislikes/hates cats.
I LOVE cats.
Thus, I thought God was taking mercy on my soul by sending this cat to me.

We decided it was a girl, because she sounded like she was in heat, and kept showing her ass to us, but she wouldn't let us pick her up.

I hope she comes again tonight, because we only got about ten minutes with her before we both had to part ways and go to bed.

2 comments: