Saturday, January 30, 2010

lalalalalalalalalala-oi!

So I now own an iPhone.
I like it, except I creepy myself out when I use it; I'll be holding it in my left palm and using my right index finger to flip through things. The fake nails I wear right now are actually what does the creeperage; I feel like an evil antagonist in a c-grade movie.
(does any of that even make sense?)

I got pretty pissed off this weekend. My older sister invited me to come and bring some of my friends along with her and her friends out to a club. We were to pre-drink at her house. We were then going to go to a club in Kitchener, even though I suggested one that was closer so the cab would be less.

I ended getting kicked out of the club soon after I got there....

I don't care that I got kicked out of the club.

What I care about is the absolute stupidity I believe my sister portrayed. She shoved my into a taxi with a strange foreign male driver, alone, and gave him an address back to her house.
Did I have a cab buddy? Did she ask me if I had money? Did she offer to go with me? Did she know if I was going to live? Did she know if I could even comprehend what she was saying?

NO

Guess what happens?
Deanna thus becomes terrified of her driver, is incapable of any logical texting, gets sick in the car, has no clue where her cards are, can't see straight let alone walk properly, and ends up getting charged a ridiculous price that she was too scared to challenge and the dear loverly sister of mine doesn't even know which cab company she paired me with so I can't even call them to ask why I was charged the exorbitant amount.

I have no Idea how I made it into her house, or down the stairs, or to the bathroom or how I managed to remove my belt. I also don't recall sending texts at four in the morning, don't recognize half of the other ones and may have been hallucinating at one point when I thought I saw someone sitting at her laptop desk.

So What is my issue? You're thinking, yes Deanna, but you got piss drunk and that's a stupid thing to do so it's your fault and you learned a lesson; curb your alcohol intake next time.

nonononono. That's not my problem

My problem is the fact that my older sister neglected to care for me in the slightest way other than shoving me in a taxi that took me away from a place I didn't even want to go to in the first place, when she should have, as my hostess and elder sibling taken care of me. I don't care if she'd planned to meet people there or she had friends she'd leave behind--family first, they constantly remind me of that whenever I tell them I'll miss a function because of work. (a legitimate excuse)
I didn't plan on having what was worth more than my last weeks paycheque taken from my bank account either.
I didn't plan on being scared out of my wits because I thought my cabbie was going to throttle me and made me feel like I was of the lowest quality scum on the planet.
I didn't plan on trying not to cry in the shower.
I didn't plan on having what looked like the only, only highlight to my shitty excuse for a month ruined in a grand total of five minutes, plus driving time.

Thanks sis, love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment