Monday, September 21, 2009

Dancing with the stars

I feel soo braindead.
I had a non-awkward conversation with my sister over msn tonight. Usually, this sister and I don't talk much, we have had a less than spectacular relationship in the past.
The only reason we ever start an msn conversation is because one of us needs something from the other, but never asked in a bitchy, I-am-totally-just-using-you kind of way. I mean, we are sisters, and sisters help each other out, and if that is the only reason we need to talk to each other, so be it.
I think we're both fine with it.

But the conversation turned; she sent me a video. We commented on the video a bit (it was about some woman who'd been impaled through the neck by a tree branch, she is alive and well), and then she asked me some questions about what I wanted to do with university. So I talked to her about what I wanted, and what my friends were doing, and whatnot.
I like to discuss university with her, because she is actually really understanding and empathetic on such topics, and she is in her fourth year, so she has some experience and knows about the different universities too.

I have a giant craving for ginger ale (my only vice, other than chocolate milk), and there's nothing I can do about it. It doesn't help that I'm hungry and thirsty at the moment. But I'm so tired too, and it's not good to eat before bed, lol.
My normal insomnia takes a whole new twist in uncomfortableness when I've just eaten before trying to fall asleep.

I'm trying to give my cousin relationship advice. She's having difficulties with a particularly irritatingly confusing and non-clarifying boy. He has potential, or I'd tell her to just drop it. Well, I told her to drop it if he gets any worse.

I don't know what it is with my family and other friends coming to me to ask for relationship advice. I don't know who put the giant red arrow over my head that said "Dear Abby Will Solve Your Cupid Problems".
I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised they keep coming, and there are new ones everyday.
It must be working?
It's strange this time, because my cousin's and my morals are, well, slightly different. I have to change my moral levels when talking to her. I think she is under the impression I've done a lot more than I have (is that too much personal information for a blog?)
but, I think at the same time, when I switch my ideals like that and look really objectively, I think it genuinely helps her.
Plus, it's not like I'm telling her to go fuck the kid or anything, lol.

I just realized again how much I like the word fuck. Apologies if it's a rough word for anyone to read here, but, it just sounds so awesome rolling off the tongue, and I'm all into linguistics, so, the cacophony gets me everytime.
Sorry :P

1 comment:

  1. people go to you for relationship advice because you're sensible and honest. mystery solved

    ReplyDelete