Tuesday, September 15, 2009

EBV

So I went to the doctor's today to see if I was sick some way.
I don't think I am, I think I'm over whatever sickness I might have had, but I like to be sure anyhow. I find it slightly ironic that the blood test clinic I needed to go to closed about 2 minutes before I got there with the awesome friend who drove me.
But such is life.

I think life is trying to spite me.
As I came back, the family seemed ultra concerned as to my health.
Not concerned enough, however, to ask me to clean the house and bake a cake while I watched the kids as they went to some type of soccer game or another.

I hate using cake mixes from a box.
And the damn thing decided to not want to be nice to me and cook properly. It got semi burnt while the other part of it was undercooked.
I attacked the burnt spots with a knife.
the undercooked parts I let cook more.

And then, the impatient kids demanded it be taken out and be available for devouring.
So, I attempted to take the cake (carrot cake, which i dooooon't like at all) out of the pan.
and it kind of....broke :)
I almost found it a type of justice while really annoying at the same time.

Almost as annoying as three girls singing at the same time. Not that they're terrible. but...one of them is a whiney singer, the other is singing a different song, and the third is belting out on the piano with such force that it annoys me.
The three in combination is becoming a bit for me to handle.
Especially when they decide to throw their own little twists on the songs.
Sigh. I should just get out of my bad mood.

The book that I am reading now is definitely a contemporary teen literature book. I enjoy it because it has an intrigue worthy plot, some interesting characters, and is something that really doesn't take much brain power for me to read when I am tired. I will save the Crichton and Austen and classic literature for when I have caught up on some sleep.
Yet, at the same time...

I hate the amount of adverbs the authors (a mother/daughter team wrote the series--the mother is an english teacher, hahaha) feel are necessary. I don't like what they assume are typical teenage words and way of speech. I don't like how they make their character womanly and so stupidly immature at the same time (which I know wasn't clever character design on their part...).
It's tough to read that. I just feel like taking a red pilot pen and stroking out and rewriting their paragraphs and words or sentences.
(is that anal of me?)

At least it's not Stephanie Meyer's bad.
And they definitely don't exude mormon-isms.

(Gahhhh they're trying to sing camp songs like a pop star again....plug ears plug ears plug ears)

I really want to eat pierogies. They are delicious packages of potatoey delight.
Ok...so that was random.
But.
I say what I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment