Sunday, September 20, 2009

Surveillance.

I had a pretty good day today :)
Yup.
Went to Toronto, got some personal shopping done, watched a scarier remake of a fairy tale.

And, while in Toronto, I had got a phone call from my big brother (I know I'm probably too old for that phrase, and should use "older brother" instead, but he will really never be anything to me other than my big brother, and he's twelve years older than me, and frikken tall, and I am truly a child at heart, so I don't care), and he asked me to forgive him for not doing anything for my birthday, and asked if I was able to watch a movie tonight to make up for it.

Not seeing anything on my social radar for this evening, and not wanting to miss the chance to see him, I obliged his request.

It was pretty fun. He picked me up at my house, and as the age difference between us is rather something and we don't see each other that often, I wondered if the 15 or so minutes to his house would be awkward at all. And they were, at first, but only in so much as they usually are when you first are in the car with someone you haven't seen in a month.
He made me hysterical when he asked in the woman in the house buttering bread was the helper. HA! She's the kids' mother....

Onto other things though. He asked if I wanted food: I asked for Chinese ^_^ Wish granted, yay! I realized that we are rather similar, that even though we are years apart and whatnot, we are still of the same family, and that it shows.

Our taste in music on the radio, the way that we hum along to the stupid commercials, the way that we babble about our buddies, the way that we try to be as un-stuck-up as possible while at the same time trying to display something of ours.
Also, we have similar tastes in movies, and think the same-ish throughout. The movie that we watched was pretttttty weird, but instead of talking throughout it like some of my sisters do and the way that I hate
(That is, being confused and saying so out loud and asking a zillion questions and talking throughout the whole thing and during the more "questionable parts" making it kind of awkward)
he was totally silent and would only talk when he was silently talking or asking my opinion of something that I was also thinking. "questionable parts" weren't awkward because I know that he felt that I was mature (?) enough or something to not be a total douche throughout them.
I really enjoyed the whole ordeal :)

(I just found out that the Leaf's beat the Canadiens last night 6-11. That makes me insanely happy)

Anyways. It was a pretty good time and I'm glad I went.

~oh! also, he offered me a beer, and I was really thirsty and it was the only cold thing in the fridge so I took it. Plus, I don't know if he was giving it to me because I was nineteen now, or whatever, at which case I felt it might be kind of rude to not take it.
Now, I don't really like beer that much....
But I was able to finish this one! It tasted ok. Phew. Now I know a brand of beer that I can consume without gagging simulateously.
Thanks Tys [:

1 comment: