Friday, September 18, 2009

I want to go swimming.

So, I finished downloading over a hundred "classic disney" songs today, and I love it.
There are some that aren't there that I wish were, but I am certainly satisfied with what I have.

Poor child; today one of the children came into my room, bawling his eyes out, telling me something bad had happened to him. He'd lost a hockey skate somehow.
Now, unfortunately the child has this bad habit of hiding his hockey equipment and then crying about not being able to find it. I don't know why he does it; I've asked him a million times if he really wants to do hockey, and the answer is always an affirmative.
I mean, he knows that he wouldn't have to lie to me about such a thing.

But, instead of yelling at him and telling him to go find it because he obviously knows where it is (like the rest of his family does), I just hugged the boy tight. I don't know why he does what he does, but there must be a reason, and yelling at him isn't going to get it out.
And the child almost made me cry.

As I was hugging him, he kept crying and said something, the most of it I could get out was "I know I can tell you because you are my best friend....you are my buddy."

Ooooh, that hit the soft spot. I could practically physically feel his own distress in my own body. It brought me back to the times in my childhood when I was terrified of things, and all I wanted was someone to wipe the tears off my face, and hug me, and tell me something to make it better, and to help me.

So that's what I did for the young one.

We went and looked, and his mother eventually found the skate in a bag behind a table in the basement. I don't know if the boy was lying, or if they wound up there accidentally (the place where they were has entirely the possibility of gathering lost items miraculously), but something is wrong.
I wish the boy would just quit hockey. It's not worth all the shit that he's going to have to go through this season because he's too afraid of what he thinks the reaction will be if he actually admits it to his dad.

another thing. the young one's older brother (by one year) got reamed out today for being too addicted to computer games. the rant he was graced to was entirely just, and many problems were sorted out. it didn't make me happy, but it did make me relieved. the boy is a huge liar, and he was called out on it.

everyone but the oldest child who has tried out has been cut from one of their teams so far, and has had to join a different team than originally planned. some of them think it's a conspiracy against their family. I almost wish it was; someone has to put these people in their place. at least I hope it takes them down a notch.

Oh! I found a memory stick I thought I'd lost today, and I found this in it. I did it for a project, and if you read it, I hope you enjoy it ;)
It's an excerpt from a novel we were supposed to write in writer's craft class :D

No comments:

Post a Comment