Monday, October 26, 2009

Aino

I had a somewhat interesting weekend. I had a couple of laughs at a family dinner that I went to yesterday.
My Grandma, a woman in her 70's, started applying lipstick after dinner, and my older sister, always being the way she is, says "Oh, Gramma, you don't need that, you're pretty just the way you are".
My Grandmother makes a pfft face and rolls her eyes, half smiling. "I don't want to be pretty," she says, in a joking tone that reminded me so much of my own father, "I just want to be kissable!" and she puckers and makes a kissy face

I could not contain my laughter.

Later, talking to my Aunt, my dad's older sister (he's the middle child), she asked me how nannying was going and if I was still doing it. My sister asked me if I told her I was almost done, and my aunt perked her ears in way to say, "Oh? What's this?"
And my sister said that the family was having financial problems, which my aunt nodded to, as everyone is having them nowadays, and my sister then said that I was house hunting.

"HOUSE hunting?!" My Aunt says. I let her know it was more of a find-a-person/place-to-live-with/in hunting dealio. She nodded, and I made a joke that maybe I should just find someone and marry them and live in their house.

"Mmmhmm, you'd have to find yourself a Sugardaddy," she said in a really cutesy voice and an all knowing look, and my sister and I laughed.
"Well, that's what you'd have to do nowadays to find anyone rich."
Even though it was a joke, it was semi true, and I find this hilarious coming from my 62 year old aunt.

So, not a bad weekend overall. I even got to shoot some pool, which I love to do, even if I'm not that good.

Last night I visited with a friend I haven't seen for a bit because she was on vacation. Unfortunately she got called in to work, but not before we bought some cheese strings! (And me some ginger ale) I think I've had six today. They are so delicious.

This morning, some of the kids mentioned the fact that I wouldn't be back after hallowe'en. So I guess my leaving is out in the open now.
I'm glad my mom called her brother for me, I hopefully will be staying with him now.

I'm a little bit happier now because of all this. The kids' mother gave me a whole ton of extra bedding today, including nice feather pillows and a duvet.
I just hope the bed I will be sleeping in is a double, or else I'll be sad because I have my eye set on a set of sheets that I love a lot... :P

1 comment:

  1. Edit: I made a bit of a mistake. My Grandmother has to be in her 80's because my aunt is in her 60's. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete