Tuesday, October 13, 2009

new layout...hmm.

Turkey!
well, my family ate Schnitzel, so we didn't have turkey over the Thanksgiving weekend...oh well.
It was still delicious.

I complained to my mom a bit about my situation, but it helped a little bit. She now knows that the family is ridiculous. My older sister found out that I help homeschool them; she wasn't aware that I did that before. (Although, I don't know what she thought I did...)
My mom told me to call anytime that I'm going through crap, but I probably won't. I can't call every 20 minutes.

Actually, though, today is going well. Minimal fighting, kids are on track for their school, and the laundry isn't overwhelming.

I had a sweet little surprise waiting for me on my newly made bed last night when I arrived home from my parent's house. I found a little cute envelope with a pencil written name on the back of it. I opened the tiny tightly sealed little thing and found a beautiful little card in it from a set I recognized as one given to the youngest girl a few days ago
Dear Deanna, I love you, Happy Thanksgiving Love Monica xo
(she'd even had to stroke out the first "t" a couple of times before she had got it right.)

I melted. I found her standing at the top of the stairs about ten minutes later, and gave her a hug. I love that child :)

As a sidenote, I found out that a scheme a friend of mine and I had been working on wasn't quite going to turn out as planned.
I talked it out with her for a little bit over the internet.
And, somehow, am now completely over it.
It's the fastest I've ever gotten over something in my entire life.

Something else I've noticed. We all know that each family and their houses' have their own distinct smell. Since I live with a different family, I've gotten used to theirs and never really noticed it anymore.
Something strange though. When I came back last night, I noticed it right away, strongly.
It's not a bad smell, in fact, I kind of like it, it's not a threatening one or one that brings up old childhood memories. It kind of reminds me of when I used to visit the house before I was a full timer here, and could still detect it.
I wonder if that is why I'm in less of a depressed mood today.

I have to get a new chair for my room.
and a new external hard drive. Mine went ka-put for no reason I can see other than it's defective.

1 comment:

  1. yay for good days!!!
    i just thought of something: i need to get an external hard drive.
    hmmm

    ReplyDelete