Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Five. The Halfway Point.

Well, I just had an invigorating paddle-boat ride with the older sister. That after a breakfast of stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth pancakes, which came after a semi-restless night in the cabin. It took me forever to fall asleep, and I was once again terrified that the bunk bed would fall on top of me.

Yesterday I actually got to use the internet for a bit, although not long enough to post anything, and I didn’t have my laptop anyways, it was just the computer belonging to the fiancĂ©. But it made me miss all my friends back home. I had a dream last night/this morning that I turned my cell phone on and I was just blasted with text messages I had missed because it’s been off for so long. Oh well.

Yesterday I did take a spin on the ATV with the fiancĂ© and my little brother; we found some wild raspberries that were delicious. I am still gunning for that fair. Oh, and I finished reading the second book I brought along, “Hogfather” which means that I only have my manga left and a bunch of typing I can do.

I drew a horrible picture this morning of a lass I dubbed “Cross-eye’d Zelda” I drew it for my little sister as punishment for leaving the sketch book on the floor, but I may keep it instead for sentimental value, and to have a good laugh at with the friends at home.

I should get back to the family; I plan to tan today so I’m not so abominable snowman white, and I stand here typing whilst in my bathing suit. I wore my pyjamas in the boat, and I don’t know how my mother is going to take my swim top. Although, in all fairness, it’s not my fault that Jesus gave me boobs, or that those genetics run on my paternal side. She doesn’t even know how hard I try to find tops that I think she would have no qualms over. Sigh. But, it’s not like I planned to swim in it anyways, and it’s quite nice for tanning J I suppose I’ll go join them now.

As a sidenote: Upon later reflection, tanning didn't do anything. I'm still Grim Reaper white. we also went into this ghetto discount store that housed more cereal names and brands that I had thought had gone extinct, but I guess just aren't available in Canada (or they were really, really old). they also had this type of pop, Birch Beer, which was kind of like super sugared root beer mixed with cream soda, and a delicious red colour so you just know there has to be a mountain of dye and super refined sugar in it, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment