Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day One.

Well, our car ride took excessively long for my butt to handle. It was somewhere between 14-14 ½ hours. Gah. And I really couldn’t stand the way that my siblings decided to just sprawl all over the place, and me.

Where am I? Wisconsin. And I am really disappointed that we decided to take the very boring northern Michigan route, as opposed to going below the Lake and going through places like Chicago. I really wanted to go through Chicago; I’ve always wanted to go there. Oh well, maybe I can convince them to go that way on the way back.

Why am I? Well, my dear older sister is engaged to an American man from Wisconsin (OMG, the accents in Michigan and Wisconsin are a riot to me), so we are down here for ten days at some cabins about 15 minutes from his house, enjoying the wilderness of this state. (Ps-I didn’t really like the woodsiness of Michigan, it was all simply spruces and pines and kind of ugly and boring. Wisconsin has more of a variety of trees).

My body is so sore after this intensely long ride, and all I want to do is sleep. I have a giant head ache not helped by my annoying little brother’s constant prattling and the fact that the radio is super annoying as well, and listening to my iPod will not help the situation. (My body would choose my vacation to give me a headache, runny nose, and itchy throat; especially when I opted to leave my Tylenol and Advil at home.)

I actually usually despise road trips with my family. Any incompetence for direction giving or taking, any thing that I find ridiculous about how they talk to people we meet along the way, and just every little thing about them starts to bug me. Especially when they make fun of all of the luggage I bring. My apologies. As an 18 year old girl, don’t expect me to bring any less. Besides, a ¼ of my luggage is books…I am not really expecting there to be anything too exciting up here.

Speaking of which, I am really praying for an internet connection at the cabin…

No comments:

Post a Comment