Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Ten. Home Again, Home Again.

Well, we got the cheese, but not the birch beer; the store for that was closed. We left late last night and drove in the dark. We finally got to the Canadian border around noon. It was really good to see familiar coffee shops again, and to turn my cell on. But yesterday. It was fun before we left; we had a hayride, we milked cows, I found little kittens I could adore. But that was about it during the day, we just packed and did well, not too much for the rest of it.

Unfortunately we didn’t go the Chicago route; I think my parents didn’t want to deal with the traffic or something. Oh well, that’s life.

So here I sit, in the evening, typing this. I’ve had a shower, I’ve repacked my things before I go back to my house (we are just at my parent’s now). My friend might pick me up tonight, which would be much more preferable to anyone here driving me. I’ve had quite enough of them this week, and I say that in the most affectionate way possible. I just have to figure out what to do in the mean time. I am too tired to do much of anything physical, yet, I think the only reason I’m tired is because I haven’t been doing anything for the past 20 hours or so, and I don’t really feel the urge to sleep. I think a nap would make me feel ill. I don’t feel like starting another novel, typing is starting to become a bore as my only option, and finally I feel like an obese couch potato if I sit down in front of the TV, I mean, I’ve been sitting down all day.

A little silver lining to my cloud of boredom, though. I went into the bank today, and the cheque I had deposited a while ago had the hold on it lifted, so I officially have money again, hooray :P

As I finish this up, my brain is starting to melt with the effort of doing something that takes thought, and I smell my mother making supper. Unfortunately, the smell of food is repulsive to me right now, I don’t know why. It was probably from the 14 hour car ride though, I imagine.

I’m just excited to have my friends kidnap me tonight to take me home. That hasn’t happened in a while, and it always makes me feel special and wanted. And, after all, isn’t that what everyone wants, to some degree, deep down?

2 comments:

  1. i love this whole saga! thanks for that! and the cheese! i had fun kidnapping you and i love my tshirt! i wore it today and then jemma got it dirty. it's in the dryer now, ready for the next time i need to look cool. it fits perfectly and i'm so happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm happy you're happy I'm back :D

    ReplyDelete