Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Nine. So Close Yet So Far Away.

It’s Sunday again. The pig was delicious. There is still a mountain of it left. The party actually went well; the weather was ok and there were a bunch of people. I got bored eventually, but it wasn’t for me anyways, so no one really noticed if I slipped through the cracks every once in a while to do some typing or play solitaire downstairs for a bit. We already went to church this morning, Latin High Mass again, in the beautiful church. It almost didn’t matter that the mass was 1 ½ hours as opposed to the 45 minute ones I’m used to.

Although, I noticed that almost all of the women there were wearing veils or a hat of some type, my own mother included. I used to wear a veil when I was like…seven. Never again. First of all, I don’t see the point (I’ll have to Google it), secondly, it looks ridiculous, thirdly, why the guys don’t have to wear it I don’t see why, and lastly, I just don’t feel like conforming. (I’m not really a great conformist; I follow the crowd at my own will, I daresay.)

Anyway. I hear we may go to some square-dancing thing this afternoon. Pfft. I haven’t done square dancing since…well, about four or five years ago. Sounds like…fun? I guess it could be, it all just depends on the company I suppose.

Another thing I overheard is that we might actually leave tonight. That would be good, and the dark would help me sleep better in the car. It would also get me home a lot sooner than I had hoped, and I would still have all day Monday, in Canada, to enjoy vacation. I feel bad for my sister’s fiancé though; I imagine he isn’t too excited for all of us to leave, especially his fiancée. I know how he would feel (minus the fiancée, but I mean, people you really enjoy leaving, etc.), and can’t help empathizing for him privately. I still feel bad for having wanted to leave so terribly. It really has been a pretty good time, on the whole. But everyone has to leave sometime, and I know him and my sister won’t go that long without seeing each other again, and I know they talk on the phone all the time, so it won’t be too heart wrenching.

My sister and I still need to get more cheese and birch beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment