Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Two. The Wilderness.

Went to mass today in the town of Wausau, close to Merrill, where my sister’s fiancé lives. It was a beautiful church, actually; it was modeled after a chapel in Munich that was built for a Duke some long time ago. The people there were incredibly friendly too; my little sister and I saddled a little girl Charlotte on our laps for half an hour, and she was the cutest thing. She loved my nail polish (yay for vibrant electric blue!), my rings and my earrings.

She, in her own turn, had her own little purple plastic ring, in addition to her general all-around adorableness and her tiny little hugs on greeting. Apparently there is a fair coming up, I hope we get to go to it, as it is in the days that we are here.

Peter, (Johanna’s fiancé) is a really nice guy, and very smart as I hear. I like him, but will have to get used to him. My little brother is being the rudest I have ever seen him in my life. It’s driving me up the wall, and I am going to disembowel him soon.

We ate some cheese, and I drank some milk. Delicious. If there are two things I like, they are milk and cheese, and I do not regret this State for that reason. MMMMMMM.

We have come to the cabins….and there is no internet connection. I wonder if the mosquitoes here have ever tasted Canadian blood before. I wonder which nationality’s blood they prefer. Well, it’s a nice cabin and all, and the lake is pretty. It’s just a shame I don’t really like swimming in lakes, or the fact that I would rather not be in my swimsuit around my mother, who is certain to comment on the amount of breast-age it shows….oh well.

I hope we get to go back to the fiancé’s house soon…I’m sure it will have internet, as opposed to just posting these all at once when I get back, which might be my only option. I also would like to go back to Wausau; I like towns a bit more than the wilderness. My dad, always curious, decided to open an outhouse to see if it was still all in order. Well, it is, and, he got stung by one of an angry mass of wasps. *sigh*

At least I have tons of books and I have movies on my laptop, so I can read and watch movies. As it is, I am simply typing all of my blogs on my word processor, waiting to post them later. I despise the fact that I can’t use my cell phone in a different country either, I am going to die soon from withdrawal of communication with someone other than my family. Gah. At least I can get a lot of napping here. Woot.

Well, I am going to go eat some cheese and drink some milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment