Thursday, November 12, 2009

La Valse d'Amelie.

Wow, today was kinda exhausting.

I did some babysitting this afternoon. The kids are adorable, and so much simpler than what I'm used to. They remind me of kids who I used to babysit in grade eight (the elder one is now in grade nine! I feel soooo old).
I got to be a princess! and a Queen. It was the elder girl's idea. Apparently all royalty does is sit there while they are piled with blankets and pillows and given play food and told to have naps (I quite enjoyed being told to have a nap).

The exhausting comes in to play when I walk to the bus stop at 8:15 pm, and find out the next bus won't be coming until 8:47...
So what does an impatient girl who loves to walk do?
She walks all the way to the bus terminal in the freezing cold and dark.
I may be an idiot, but I am a well exercised one ;)

even if I had taken the bus though, I still would have been late for my transfer. So I frantically found out what else I could take so that I wouldn't have to wait until 10:00 pm...and it was only 9 o'clock.
So I found a bus that would get me as close to my final destination as I could, and when I got to the stop, I went into the nearby grocery store and bought myself muffins, hot dogs, and chocolate milk.

Damn,
I hadn't had chocolate milk in a while. My CMW-ishness came back to me reallllly quickly.
I then walked another 25 minutes to get home.

But I made it!
And my Uncle told me there was supper left for me in the fridge.
I don't know if you know how this feels, but I feel pretty incredible to find deliciously seasoned chicken, potatoes, gravy and corn waiting to be simply reheated and then devoured at 10 pm.
I felt so taken care of, and I never have to ask to be fed, it's just simply done.
I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of anyone. It's great.

I simply completed the meal with some strong coffee, and by the time I was finished, was so full I almost understood why bulemics do what they do.
My family knows how to fill a stomach, hahaha.

And it's so quiet here, and relaxing. I can repose in the glow of my laptop, Hikaru, rest my legs on the table in front of me where I sit on this comfy couch, and breathe in the smell of calm house, cigarello, and coffee. The filter in the fish tank makes a comforting, consistent noise to break the silence and leaves it non-deafening.
I checked all my facebook updates, and they left me happy. I look forward to a weekend filled with things that will not want to make me bash my head on a metal countertop.

I am content.
All I need now is a cat.
Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment