Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Upon the Crosses.


It's Remembrance Day in Canada. I always have had a sort of special affection for this day. I think I knew it was really important for the first time when I was little and still home-schooled. It was November 11th and we all stood for a moment of silence at 11:00 am, and my mom started crying. When my mom cries, I know it's something important, as heartless as I can be towards her at times.

I think I figured out how grateful I was to everyone who had helped out in those wars the year that I nearly started bawling myself during Oh Canada in a Remembrance Day Assembly in high school.

Since then, I've found out family history reasons that I can especially be proud and thankful on this day, but I don't feel like crying anymore, I just feel pride.

In a country where we are known for our niceness and peace keeping and humbleness, I think it's good to have times of Pride. And I don't mean that in the Toronto Parade in June kinda way ;) lol.


onto other things.

My internet was being so screwed up, but it looks like it's fiiiiinally fixed up.

I am pleased, hence, writing a blog!


And I'm baking again.


I feel safe baking because I know that I will have the funds coming in to pay for ingredients; I have a job! Yay!!!

I feel victorious.


I also realized something while riding on the bus yesterday.

Recently, my life has been full of darkness, metaphorically. My blogs and journal entries were depressing, dark, and distressing. My poetry and prose were angry and sad.

Darkest before the light?

(I smell beer somewhere, I think I'm going crazy)


Perhaps. Because things are looking a lot more up. I got a job within two days of walking in to the place, I can keep baking, I have stores nearby and easy access to things, I am warm, I have a place to live for not very much a month, I am going to have days filled to the brim, I have writing ideas, I have family I can see, and friends I can talk to. I have free laundry.

I get tons of sleep in a room that stays clean because there's no one to mess it up and I'm not so exhausted I can't clean it.

I have a blog to vent my anger.

I have a family I used to nanny, who still love me and have kids who won't let me go everytime I see them now.


You have to go through bad times or there would be nothing to differentiate them from the good.

sounds philosophical? sappy?

I don't really care, I'm just glad I don't feel like the world is crashing down on my head anymore.


(let's make this really conclusion, informal essay like)


Lest We Forget...


On this Remembrance Day, I remember that there were men and women who went through a lot worse than I did every day for half a decade, twice.

They helped make it so that I can experience these good times, and it's up to me, like them, to fight the bad ones.

1 comment:

  1. i guess that's what it is to be alive.
    survive the bad times and live the good times.

    ReplyDelete