Sunday, November 15, 2009

Staples.

I have my first shift at work tomorrow, I'm sort of excited.

At the same time, I'm almost not looking forward to it. When I've started a job, I become a work-a-holic (family trait, haha), but when I don't have one, I get incredibly lazy and the last thing I want to do is anything but social events and sleep.

Well, I've got the social events down over this weekend, and I've gotten plenty of sleep, so now I've just got to suck it up.

I feel, this week, for my friends who have parental issues.
My parents are pretty okay, and I've always been the "rebel" in my family so I know how to handle them, and I've taken my metaphorical beatings to learn my lessons, and I'm fairly independent by now and therefore have less issues with them.
I don't owe anything to them other than to be present at family events and to give them the genuine love I will feel for them.
I make my own money, and find my own way from life, and use them sometimes as guidance or reference, but I pretty much do it all myself.

I think back to when I wanted my parents to go to the parent teacher interviews at school (they did once, lol), or whenever I would go to a friends house, or live with other people
there was one thing that I seemed to want, and still seem to want

I want my parents to be told,
"that girl of yours, she's a good one
she's independent and works hard, a good kid,
she does just fine on her own, doesn't she?"

Maybe I feel like I have something to prove, maybe I feel like I didn't get enough attention before, and now I want that attention to be directed to my parents in the form of, Look what you missed in your stupidity.
(in all honesty, I felt they were rather stupid sometimes regarding me in past years, something that I dealt with by either being totally honest with them, or just not telling them anything at all purposely, which always gives fascinating results.)

I just hope that my friends figure out the best way to handle their parents as well.
I am at peace because I've found a balance.
I wish that they find their's, and life becomes less miserable on that point.

I hope they are honest with themselves, and get it all sorted out
:-]

No comments:

Post a Comment