Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh My! It's fruitcake weather?

I thought of a little ditty today, based on another popular little ditty. I hope no one else has used it yet.
I actually thought of it for someone, and she knows who she is, considering I'm assuming she'll read this around 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.

"I like my men like I like my coffee;
Black,
Hot,
Sweet,
Steaming and Extra-Large."

Happy Christmas Becx. ^_^

Speaking of little ditties, I found this song as I was floundering around YouTube yesterday. I think the whole thing is awesome. I love how they use relatively unconventional phrasing and lyrics in the song, and the whole post-punk/soul/jazz/indie rock to it.
And, Goddam I love them silver booties.

In other unrelated happenings. I baked a sand cake today. Basically it has the consistency of sand, but tastes delicious. It's what you imagined sand would taste like as a kid, but never got to find out because your mother always stopped you before you got that handful in your mouth, and you know there was no way you were gonna get the stuff that had wormed it's way into your swimsuit when you got home.
Wish fulfillment over a decade later. Hmm.

(I do, however, know what gravel tastes like, as no one ever caught me putting that shit in me mouth. Not too delicious. Yet I still ate like ten pounds of the stuff total.)

The sand cake was a time filler until I went to go babysit. Well that was an adventure and a half. The bus was ten minutes late to the terminal.
But, oh what a bus it was. I fell in love with it right away.
instead of the normal flat platform that the buses have, this one was old, and so had steps instead.
too bad for all the people with strollers. Suckers. (lol)
Then, inside the bus, on the right hand side, there were twin seats, but only single seats on the left hand side. I took one of the singles.
I had my own personal window, like the ones on school buses.
too bad for any fat person who would need one as an emergency exit. heh heh.
Finally, getting out was so much fun. The doors were old too, obviously, and opened outward instead of in. there were technically two sets of them, but they would each only let one person out at a time, and opened separately.
I want to ride that bus again :(

I bought mittens!
-22Celsius windchill, do your worst!
(or not, please.)

1 comment:

  1. i liked that song! the girl had a verr nice voice!
    also, my parents had this policy about not stoping kids from eating dirt or sand or whatevs. they figured we would figure out faster that it was gross if we ate it...

    ReplyDelete