Monday, December 28, 2009

Homeopathics

I'm sitting here waiting for the tea kettle to boil. I haven't had a decently made hot beverage in a few days now, and I think it is messing me up. I miss it.

What a full past few days it has been. I love and hate the holiday season.
I love it when I'm not working, I suppose is the clearer way to put it.

But, finally, I got to be the one on the paying side of the counter, after I was done work this afternoon.
5-9.5 hour shifts for the three busiest days of the year really takes the pep out of you, I have to say.
(Unfortunately, it also makes the desire to spend your own cash even stronger. I did fairly well though, I think, for a compulsive/emotional buyer.)

And dinner tonight, with a couple others, was awesome! In a place I'd never been before, but I'd heard good things about. I want to go again and have already started concocting plots in my head to sucker others into going there with me sometime soon.

It's almost a new year! I'll be twenty next year. I know the actual date of my birthday is still over nine months off, but it kind of scares me.
I'm getting old.
And yes, I know, it's not that old. I'm still young. There are lots out there that are much older than me.
I don't care.
When I was a kid, people the age that I am going to be were towers in my life. So old and so smart, going places and full of knowledge and all adult like and with brimming and rosy social lives.
I just don't think I quite fit that bill that I wrote out years ago, and it's kind of intimidating and scary and rather sad.

New Years also means new resolutions. I think we all make them, sappy or not, unintentional/subconsciously or no.
I don't know if I have any, other than "get more things accomplished"
Vague or what?
The only resolution I had for this new years was to get away with being wasted for most of the thing, unlike what happened last time....
(That and I keep having dreams about mistletoe. My subconscious wishes to live out a 16 year old's fantasy.)
But these things are not to be talked about.

On the bright side, I'm going to have tea and cheesecake.
Christmas in the house of an Uncle and a cousin who went to chef school means about a gazillion pounds of food at Christmas time.

1 comment: