Friday, December 4, 2009

Divorce Court.

I remembered this trick, if you get white deoderant marks when putting on a black top, grab a piece of pantyhose and rub the mark to remove it completely.

Perhaps I've changed my mind again. I've said before I wish I could turn this blog into something useful.
Maybe it should just be where you get your fix of random for the day, because I can guarentee you that nearly 100% of what is discussed here was unexpected.

Take, for instance, my Monday and Tuesday this week. I went down to Elmira to talk to a high school counsellor about transcripts and stuff for applying to university. On my way back, I went into Chapters to get some cook books (I should stop buying those...) because they were mega cheap.
And what did I find?

A new Michael Crichton book!
If you didn't know, he died in November of last year due to throat cancer, so I wasn't exactly expecting anymore books, and I cried a little bit about it at the time. He's my favourite author pretty much.
However, they'd found a manuscript in his files, and thus, a new book was published.
And it was 40% off!!!!!!!!!
God was telling me to buy it ;)

So, as I'm on the bus, I look out the window as we slowly drive down the street, and see a girl I knew in high school walking beside the bus.
I sent her a quick text to creep her out, and she told me to get my ass off the bus to come say hello.
My social calendar was empty for the night, so what the hell?
I get off, and my night changes from one of depressing attempts to type my novel into one full of job-hunting, deep conversations, realizations, and fun comeraderie.
I got to pamper someone again, and have a fun night.
We met this interesting man with the craziest beard, a tweed jacket and old-school (like, I mean look like in Dicken's time) hat. He kept popping up and creeped us out a little bit.

I found it entirely providential that, while hiding from the rain in a grocery store and getting pineapple juice, my older brother walks into the same store and offers us a ride, saving us nearly an hours time.
(unfortunately, this distracted me from remembering to grab my ten dollar's cash back, which I realized the next morning.)

The next day I took the bus back into waterloo with my friend, us keeping each other company before parting ways. I was going to stop in at a William's for a drink, when the girl across from me on the bus struck up a conversation with me. She was really fun and my age, and directed me to the Timmies' on campus instead, which I was grateful for because it was cheaper.
I wish I could have grabbed that girl's name, it would be fun to hang out with her sometime.

I was served by the most adorable middle-aged Asian woman of my life in the Tim Horton's, and have determined that the words "lovely" and "sweetie" sound best when said by a heartfelt woman with a Chinese accent and motherly smile and uncrushable customer service spirit.

On the bad side, sometimes random leaves you with babysitting five hours instead of two.
and you find videos that made you sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment